I’m really late on this tag. A couple months late actually, which is a bit embarrassing honestly. However, I am here to do the Sunshine Blogger Award finally. I was tagged by @ Meeghanw to do this tag, so thank you so much lovely! I absolutely love your blog so I was very excited to be tagged by you.
Now, you may ask, what are the rules for this award? Well, here you go!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
Time to jump into the questions I’ve been asked!
What’s the story behind the name of your blog?
It’s nothing too exciting. I wrote some fanfic back in the day based on myself and I actually gave myself a nickname. I know, pathetic. I was 16 and sick of being called Bambi by all my friends because I was GROWN. I basically decided the only way you could shorten Amber more was to make it Ambs – tack on the word ‘reads’ and you have me.
Which fictional character do you think would be the most boring to meet in real life?
I don’t want to say I think anyone is boring but I might have to pick Harry Potter from Harry Potter. I just think it was Ron and Hermione who made him great and to meet him in person would be underwhelming. Maybe even Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses as well since I believe the hype killed that man.
What’s a body part that you wouldn’t mind losing?
Can I say one of my kneecaps? I’ve had pains in them for coming on eleven years and no one can tell me what’s actually wrong. So, if I could go a day without falling to the ground because one of my knees decided to stop doing its job I would be happy.
What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence?
It makes my body break out in goosebumps and I actually have to walk away because the sound of it physically hurts me.
What animal would you want to scale up to the size of a horse?
Dogs. No need to extend on this topic. I love big dogs.
If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Been chased by the police already (long story and it involves alcohol, shocking) so they’d probably presume my two male friends got me in some trouble. They wouldn’t be wrong either, those two push me out of my comfort zone often.
In one sentence, how would you sum up the internet?
The Internet is a version of hell that takes up all my time.
What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
The Kingsmen! I absolutely love it, I think it’s that perfect mix of action and humour and just makes me so damn happy.
What social stigma do you think society needs to get over?
Abortions. Let women (or people who can carry children) do whatever the hell they want. It’s not your body so stop trying to police what they do.
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve broken?
Probably my iPod touch? I broke it like four years after I got it though so it had probably decreased in value by a lot I was pretty sad because it had been my 13th birthday present.
What is your version of THE DREAM?
Nothing specific honestly, just happiness. I don’t know what will make me happy in ten years. I mean hell, I turn 21 this year so I barely know what I want to eat for dinner. I just know that what I want more than anything is to be happy. I don’t care how.
Plus good health for my mum.
- Why did you create your blog?
- What was your favourite children’s book?
- What is your favourite warm drink in winter?
- How do you organise your books?
- What’s the best thing to happen to you in 2018? Or what are you most looking forward to?
- What is your least favourite trope in books?
- If you could trade places with any character for a day, who would you pick and why?
- What is a fictional food or drink you wish was real?
- If you could befriend any author, dead or alive, who would you choose?
- What’s the most disappointing book you’ve read?
- What does your dream personal library look like?
Happy reading everyone!
If you use my Book Depository link I will receive a 5% commission from your order at no expense to you. I would sincerely be grateful if you chose to use it.
The same goes for my Booktopia link, which is a great service for Aus and NZ residents.