Thank you so much to Kate @ Kates Kooky Book Blog for tagging me in the mystery blogger award. This girl is so damn lovely, y’all, you need to head over to her blog and follow her! I’m super excited to be doing this award for the second time and hopefully, you enjoy my answers. I’m typically really bad at keeping on top of these awards and book tags, but I’m trying to get better so, let’s get into this post!
I N F O R M A T I O N
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
The rules for the award are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (Okoto Enigma).
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
T H R E E F A C T S A B O U T M E
- I love true crime documentaries and videos. While I’m writing up this post I’m actually watching a video on YouTube about a missing woman (click here to see it). They scare the heck out of me, especially since I walk my dog alone, but I absolutely love hearing these stories and being able to help get out the information of the cases.
- I have started my book collection four times. I moved a lot as a kid and, unfortunately, a lot of the time I wasn’t able to take a lot of my belongings with me due to the circumstances. It has been heartbreaking. I was at a point where I wasn’t going to buy any more books (four years ago) but I eventually snapped and bought 20 books in one sitting – I had been saving to move out and this honestly wasn’t the best idea, I ended up cancelling the order too. It sparked the love for books in my again though.
- My friends tell me that I come across as very intimidating but am the biggest softy out. I’m not sure why, but I feel this is incredibly amusing to me.
M Y B E S T P O S T S
My most viewed post is actually my Zenith review (click here). My Immortal Reign (spoiler) review is also incredibly popular, which shocks me (click here). Some of my personal favourite posts are my Caraval review (here), An Enchantment of Ravens review (here), Books I Didn’t Think I’d Like But Loved (here) and Reasons Not To Read/Watch 13 Reasons Why (here).
K A T E S Q U E S T I O N S
What is one unpopular belief you have?
It’s not overly unpopular but I am a big supporter of abortion and pro-choice. I think women deserve the right to do whatever the hell they want with their bodies. I also believe that it is the woman’s choice whether to terminate the pregnancy or not.
Weird question: Do you pronounce “pecan” like “pah cahn” or “pee can”?
I say ‘pah cahn’ but my family all say ‘pee can’ and get very confused when I say it my way.
What is one character trait you would choose to give the main character if you were writing a book?
Stubborn, strong, sassy (alliteration there) woman who is completely uninterested in pursuing a romantic relationship.
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would
Burritos! I am a massive burrito fanatic. Its kind of a problem at this stage but they’re seriously the best dang food.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall?
I have terrible allergies/hay fever so I hate all seasons but especially spring. I love winter and fall (autumn in Australia), but the pollen count is still a bit ridiculous so I do struggle to breathe.
M Y Q U E S T I O N S
- What is your favourite thing about where you live?
- What is your favourite genre to watch and read?
- What are you looking forward to most in 2018?
- Which character would you love to have as your best friend and why?
- Show me your favourite book cover!
T A G S
- Ally @ allypages
- Jenni @ literaryjen
- Dezzy @ the thoughtful voice
- Nora @ paper tea and book flowers
- Amber @ amberry books
- Naadhira @ legenbooksdary
- Kacie @ omgkaciereads
- Adrianna @ for the love of books
- Kayla @ books and blends
- Lacy @ a ravenclaw library
Happy reading everyone!
If you use my Book Depository link I will receive a 5% commission from your order at no expense to you. I would sincerely be grateful if you chose to use it.
The same goes for my Booktopia link, which is a great service for Aus and NZ residents.