I was tagged to do this particular award by one of my favourite people in the blogging community. Destiny @ Howling Libraries is seriously one of the most well-spoken people in this community. I literally can’t get enough of what she posts and highly recommend you all head over to her blog and check her out. Thank you so much for tagging me Destiny! ♥
T H E L I E B S T E R A W A R D
Liebster is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. The Liebster Award is for your favourite or beloved bloggers who deserve some love in their lives.
R U L E S
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
5. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Q U E S T I O N S
1. What is the longest slump you’ve ever been in?
I slumped for around three years one time. Every time I picked up a book I just didn’t care and my friends told me reading was lame. I was pretty desperate to fit in during my young teen life, unfortunately.
2. Do you prefer ARCs or finished copies of books?
It depends! I have received a few physical ARC’s and I always feel super special when they come. I typically request finished copies of the book though, since that is what Australian publishers are more likely to send out.
3. What is your favourite review you’ve ever written (not based on views/likes, but your feelings)?
It is both my favourite review I’ve written and my most popular. My Zenith review is still one of my favourites. I received an eARC and I just went off. It was one of the worst books I’ve ever read. Click here to see this review.
I also really like my The Wicked Deep review. I’m not sure why but I think it’s because it’s another book I didn’t enjoy that everyone seems to. Click here to see my review.
4. What was the last song you fell in love with?
I’m pretty behind on music honestly, but I’ve been listening to the Panic! At The Disco Pray For The Wicked album basically non stop. By the time this is posted it will 100% be a new song considering I am writing this at the end of July.
5. What type of YouTube videos do you most commonly watch?
True crime! I absolutely love true crime videos. Especially when I have an arthritis flare up and can’t move during the day. I just love to sit around and scare myself with real-life events that have happened.
6. Do you have a favourite holiday? If so, why did you pick it?
Christmas. My birthday is December 19th so Christmas is both my favourite and least favourite holiday. People tend to forget my birthday and just focus on Christmas or my sisters birthday (she’s the 14th of December). However, I look at Christmas as a week-long celebration for me, oops.
7. Be honest: have you ever bought a book mostly just for its cover?
I have no shame when I say yes. I bought Strange The Dreamer purely because of the cover and soooo many more books.
8. Do you like to keep your books pristine, or “live in” them with highlighters, tabs, annotations, etc.?
I don’t read physical books often, my Kindle allows me to read faster. However, I have managed to keep my books pristine. That’s not because I typically want them to be, I just get scared of writing in them because I am not neat at all.
9. What is the most money you’ve ever spent on one book, and would you do it again?
I can’t remember exactly but probably $50 AUD. That was for the Hamilton book and I would 100% do it again. I absolutely loved that book and it is such a work of art. Or it could be my limited edition (the Waterstone editions) of Lady Midnight and Lord of Shadows. They’re so pretty and were worth every cent.
10. Do you use any method to keep track of your TBR, like a TBR jar, spreadsheet, notebook, etc.?
Nope! I use Goodreads as a way to keep track of my TBR but I am always adding books and reading new books that it gets disregarded sometimes. I just tend to read what I am personally in the mood for.
11. Roughly estimate this one: how many more books can you fit on your current shelves before needing a new bookcase?
I have six shelves free (which sounds like a lot but 15 are full). This roughly equals 111 books I would say! I am super bad at math so I am probably way off on this one.
M Y Q U E S T I O N S
- Who would you cast to play your favourite character in a film, play or TV adaption?
- What book do you think is overhyped? If none, what book do you think is underhyped?
- What book are you anticipating most in 2019?
- How do you organise your bookshelves? I need ideas so this is me being sneaky.
- What destination in any book would you love to visit?
- Is a story you wish you could scrub from your brain? It could be one you loved or hated.
- What is the prettiest book that you own?
- What makes you want to pick up a book?
- Is there a popular character who everyone loves but you can’t stand? Whether that be in a book or film.
- What is your favourite reading format?
- What is your favourite diverse book?
T A G S
- Tracy @ Truffle’s Literary Wonders
- Louise @ A Little Fool Reads
- Cailin @ Rose Petal Pages
- Pierina @ Aries In Bookland
- Alicia @ Alicia Reads
- Paige @ Bookish Paige
- Jordan @ Her Paper Adventure
- Rain @ Book Dragonism
- Kaleena @ Reader Voracious
- Ash Williams @ For The Love of Books
- Cindy @ readctbooks
There we go! This Liebster Award is done. It took me a minute and a half to complete it but I hope you all enjoy it! If you liked the questions I chose but didn’t get tagged feel free to still do this tag! I would love to read your answers to the questions I choose!