Release Date: January 31st, 2017
Publisher: Feiwel Friends
Goodreads Review: here
When rogue packs of wolf-hybrid soldiers threaten the tenuous peace alliance between Earth and Luna, Iko takes it upon herself to hunt down the soldiers’ leader. She is soon working with a handsome royal guard who forces her to question everything she knows about love, loyalty, and her own humanity. With appearances by Cinder and the rest of the Rampion crew, this is a must-have for fans of the series.
R E V I E W
I tried to read Wires & Nerve earlier this year when it first released. Unfortunately, it was difficult on my phone (I had an ebook) and I didn’t get to truly grasp the story. So, when unwrapping the presents my best friend Caitlin got me for Christmas I was so happy to see Wires & Nerve. Honestly, I struggled not to start it immediately. Though, when I did start it I finished it in an hour, so there’s that.
The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favourite series and I am not shy about screaming it from the rooftops. So, a companion novel is excellent. I’m not usually a big comic book reader either but for some reason, this was screaming at me to pick it up and read it. I’m so glad I did.
Literally, my only complaint about this graphic novel is the characters didn’t look like how I had imagined them so I kept getting caught up on panels and going ‘who?’ Honestly, that’s it. My own imagination.
I’m not even sure how to go about reviewing this? I guess dot points may be the best way because I can say what I want without expending too much (this review would be really short, I have no idea how to extend my thoughts) so let’s go!
- Iko is a great lead – she didn’t have a major part in The Lunar Chronicles besides being Cinder’s sister like character, but she deserved more of a spotlight
- The illustrations are gorgeous
- I loved seeing more of Cress and Throne + seeing there are consequences to her having lived most of her life in a satellite (her immune system sucks)
- There wasn’t much Scarlet or Wolf which I loved because I didn’t really like them, honestly, they were so boring
- Winter joking about how sickness now that she has an implant!!!
- The fact someone doesn’t have to have read The Lunar Chronicles to read this. Obviously, its suggested but things are explained so if someone wanted to pick this up with no prior knowledge of the series, they could!
- An amazingly engaging storyline! It is mainly just set up for the next book but it is so good! Marissa Meyer just has such an engaging writing style, even in comic form
I think that’s basically everything that can be said? Wires & Nerve is a great companion novel for the Lunar Chronicles world and I highly suggest it if you have read the series already. It is a quick read that sucks you in and keeps you wondering. I’m glad the sequel comes out next month and I don’t have to wait too long.
Happy reading everyone!
If you use my Book Depository link I will receive a 5% commission from your order at no expense to you. I would sincerely be grateful if you chose to use it.
The same goes for my Booktopia link, which is a great service for Aus and NZ residents.