I was tagged by the lovely creator of The Reader Devotee to do the Sunshine Blogger Award. Which had me ecstatic since the picture is sunflowers and my favourite flowers ever are sunflowers. I don’t really understand awards still, but I love answering/asking questions about books so these are always right up my alley.
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD ABOUT??
The Sunshine Book Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are innovative, inspiring and positive in any community which they are in.
There are a few rules which the nominee has to answer:
- Thank the person(s) who has nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blogs.
- Answer all the 11 questions sent by the person who has nominated you.
- Nominate another 11 blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or on your blog.
What made you start your blog?
I was pretty inspired all of a sudden one day. I had tried to create a blog a couple times but it had always failed. I’m not sure why. I gave up and I didn’t talk to anyone in the community. Until one night in May when I went “lmao just do it, Amber.” So, here I am. Creating really irregular content and trying so hard not to roast books like I used to on Goodreads (oops).
Do you have any bloggers who give you the inspiration to write?
I wouldn’t say there are any bloggers in particular. Simply, if I follow you, you inspire me. I just love to be apart of the blogging community.
Share your most hated book of all time.
Oh wow, do I have to pick just one? Fine. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. What a shock, right?
What is your favourite place to write posts?
Definitely my bed. I don’t really take my laptop out of my room, so I just sit in my bed and write posts whenever I’m avoiding university work.
What book do you think everyone needs to read?
Probably Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee.
If you could meet an artist/writer whom you really love, who would it be?
Cassandra Clare. Cassie is the author whose books I still love to this day. I read her books around the same time I did Twilight and I would 110% pick up City of Bones again and burn Twilight (which I did love). I simply was able to connect with Clary when I was 13 and reading about a girl who was naive to her own world. Which is dumb, because at 13 I was not naive. Anyway, I would just want to thank her. If I ever got a tattoo, it would be a quote from her books.
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
England! 80% of me is British, I think I suck at math.
What is one of your favourite blogs?
Elise over @ The Bookish Actress, I lowkey admitted my obsession for her the other day. However, I just love the content she puts out on her blog and Twitter. It’s all highly interesting. Plus she’s a Sansa Stark stan.
Your favourite series (tv/books)
For TV it would have to be Parks & Rec. I recently binge-watched it with my best friend and now I just have so many happy memories. Books have to be anything by Cassandra Clare. Every single one of her books sits on my favourites shelf.
How many followers do you think that makes your blog fully established to the world?
I would say 500? Though, these are just my blogging insecurities tbh.
Do you use social media to promote your blog and connect with other bloggers?
Kind of! I share my posts on my Twitter, which I don’t use that often and usually post about them on my Instagram. But, I don’t know if anyone reads them.
I’m not sure I know 11 blogs but let’s go for it:
- What bookish quote would you get tattooed?
- If you had to date any bookish villain who would you choose?
- How do you make friends in the bookish community?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to do?
- If you could erase a book from your mind (could be good or bad) which would you choose and why?
- Do you collect bookish merch? If so, what is your favourite?
- What’s your favourite book/s of 2017?
- Do you countdown to your anticipated releases?
- Thoughts on star signs?
- If you could only take three books to a deserted island, what would you bring?
- Which fictional food do you wish you could try?
I’m super excited to see everyone’s answers, so, make sure you tag me!